Everest Academy is always looking for exceptional individuals who enjoy helping our student-athletes reach their maximum potential – in sports, music and other endeavours. Successful candidates are strong in the following areas:
- interpersonal skills
- certifications and job-related experiences
- networking for recruiting purposes
- dedication to reaching the maximum potential of their careers
- aptitudes with technology including on-line learning
- familiar with working in a private school environment
- experience working with athletic-oriented students
The School Administrator (VP) in charge of Academic Development and Athletic Counselling
- Disseminate knowledge of NCAA athletic recruiting, rules and regulations to coaches, administrative staff, parents, and existing guidance staff.
- Maintain and foster connections between Everest and NCAA athletic programs and their staff.
- Advertise and market our program as a feeder program for NCAA athletic programs.
- Develop an NCAA guidance and scholarship program for Everest.
- Travel extensively in the United States visiting athletic programs in the NCAA.
- Facilitate communication among athletic staff and academic staff
- Develop, implement, and maintain SAT/ACT Test Preparation Program
- Train existing staff in SAT/ACT test preparation
- Develop, implement, and maintain guidance program for potential CIS/NCAA athletes
- Develop, implement, and maintain Advanced Placement Course Program as an extension of existing Ontario Curriculum, including Pre-AP Program in grades 7-12.
- Train existing staff in Advanced Placement Program
- Facilitate professional development for teachers in the Advanced Placement Program.
- Monitor, develop, and/or maintain existing academic programming
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Ministry of Education expectations and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Ministry of Education course curriculum.
- Develop and implement academic initiatives and programming that would provide a competitive advance for the school in the current marketplace.
- 5 years experience in NCAA Consulting.
- 3 years experience as a school administrator
- 8 years experience working in a secondary school setting
- A bachelors and masters degree in education, preferably from a U.S institution.
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA athletic programs and the U.S University system.
- Extensive knowledge of the SAT/ACT tests and test preparation programs
- Extensive knowledge of the Advance Placement Program (AP).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A wealth of contacts within the NCAA coaching and recruiting community.
- An athletic career as a 4 year NCAA athlete is preferable.
Salary for fully qualified candidate is in the range of $50-$55/hour and includes health plan benefits, lunch plan and athletic membership.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please submit your cover letter with explanation and a well-written resume to email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org). Not all submissions will be followed up on.