Equally exciting is the strong long term commitment from the new facility owner, Kartelle Corporation. Kartelle is committed to helping Everest fully renovate the rink environment to create the best place to skate and train in the city — which has already started:
The following list identifies the many facility enhancements that are planned over the next few months and how you can follow critical parts of the renovation live on the web:
- Removal of ice and re-leveling sand floor for best ice surfaces in Canada
- Complete remake of the dressing rooms including floors, ceilings, venting and shower facilities
- Complete remake of the washrooms
- Replacement rubber flooring throughout including new matting in hallways and rinks
- Expansion of the main floor to include a full snack bar service
- Adding a small sitting lounge on the main floor
- Improved winter insulation to reduce extreme cold situations
- Opening of a new pro-shop to include skate sharpening, sticks, equipment cleaning
- Addition of a new hockey dressing room for female use
- General refresh of the environment including painting, cleaning and updated decor
Special Note — to provide the best possible skating environment, we will be closing the rinks from June 20th to July 4th so that the ice surfaces can be redone to restore them to the quality needed for proper training and competition.
If you would like to join our new mailing list and receive facility updates, special offers, details of new programs we are planning and more, please fill out the short form below.