As part of enrollment at Everest Academy, you may be asked to complete the formal entrance exam. The exam is made up of two parts and can be done entirely on-line. The first part focuses on Math skills and the second part focuses on English literacy skills. They can be done at different times or during one on-line session. The exam results help us understand the current academic capabilities of the student and also help us set goals and objectives as part of any Offer of Admissions that might be related to a scholarship program.
The first step is for a parent to register with the Everest Academy On-Line Learning Center (EOLC) system. This can be done as follows:
- Visit www.everestelc.com or www.myonlineschool.com.
- Click on the ‘Register’ menu and select the option to ‘Register With Everest EOLC’.
- Complete the registration form as appropriate and then press Submit at the bottom.
It may take up to 24 hours for this first step to be completed as the on-line administrator must accept the registration request. You will receive one or more emails indicating when your registration is complete.
The second step is to register the student applying to Everest Academy.
- Visit www.everestelc.com or www.myonlineschool.com and log in to the account created above.
- From the ‘Administrator’ menu, select the option to ‘Register New Student’.
- This will bring up a similar form to the one used for the first account. You will need a valid email address for the student. Fill out the form as appropriate and press Submit when done.
It may also take up to 24 hours for this second step to be completed as the on-line administrator must accept the second registration request. You will receive one or more emails indicating when your registration is complete.
Once the accounts are both created, Everest Academy will enroll the Student in the ‘Student Application’ Class and then send you an email detailing how to access the on-line entrance exams. Each exam will take about 30 minutes and must be done in one sitting each.
If you have any problems or questions about this process. please call the Admissions department directly at 905.881.3335.