Athletic Training and Fitness
The Everest S.E.L.F. platform is unique in its ability to promote a lifelong love for fitness. Our athletic training and fitness program is deeply embedded in our philosophy that a strong body supports learning. From athletic training and personal fitness programs to our certified chef-cooked meals, Everest exudes a positive, healthy environment. Everest provides the best opportunities and resources for today’s students to put into practice the key principles for performance training and health and fitness.
Every Everest student takes part in our athletic training and fitness program regardless of what level they are pursuing one or more skills. As part of the regular curriculum, students are assessed and evaluated 3 times per year and provided with customize training to maximize their athletic development and fitness. Advanced sports science is applied in developing sophisticated systems for the best results.
Everest Strength and Conditioning
Everest student-athletes take part in our strength and conditioning program up to 5 times per week. The program introduces the fundamentals of movement mechanics, recovery and regeneration, speed and agility, resistance/strength training, core stability, and explosiveness training.
We have a movement first philosophy and follow a LTAD (Long Term Athletic Development) for different ages. Age specific functional strength and performance testing is performed three times per school year to track and monitor individual progress. Testing results are also provided online through Everest EOLC for parents to access.
Our LTAD Categories:
GUIDED DISCOVERY (ages 6-9)
- Students are exposed to basic fitness concepts in a fun and engaging manner
- Promotion of locomotor skills
- Improve upper and lower body strength
- Improve cardio respiratory endurance
- Experiment with movement
LEARNING EXPLORATION (ages 10-13)
- Focus on building movement patterns
- Introduction to weight training (bands, weight vests, free weights)
- Experiment with motor patterns as they develop and change physically
TRAIN WITH APPLICATION (ages 14+)
- Introduction to sport related training
- Increase focus on form-based instruction
- Increased training intensity
The Everest Elite Performance Facility features:
- Olympic lifting stations
- Assault Air Bikes
- Athletic Turf Area
- Dedicated Conditioning Room
- Drive Sleds
- Free Weights, Kettlebells, Super-bands, Medicine Balls and more.
- Basketball court
Learn about the other elements of our S.E.L.F. program: