|Нажмите Отметить русского языка
Deciding to attend school in a foreign country is an important decision. The quality of education, the safety and security of the surroundings, the cultural experience, and the available support are all very important aspects to consider when making your decision.
Everest, through the S.E.L.F. platform, offers international students an extraordinary educational experience rooted in:
- strong skills development
- exposure to music and other programs critical to youth development
- fitness and nutrition
- supported by a dedicated and professional team.
All this within our very safe and secure campus in Thornhill, Ontario in one of the best countries in the world, Canada.
About Everest Academy
Everest is a new generation accredited private school designed to enable students to pursue high standards of academics while, simultaneously, devoting a significant amount of time towards the discipline, vocation or activity of their choice. It is a place where students can be fast-tracked by offering a flexible platform to allow more training, practice, and expert coaching — during the school day. Founded by a dedicated team of experts from various fields, Everest enables students to pursue the highest levels of achievement.
Everest is located in beautiful Thornhill, Ontario, – less than 30 minutes north of downtown Toronto, and 20 minutes east of Pearson International Airport.
Our facilities are located within a beautiful campus setting. Our athletic campus is located inside The Pavilion complex, Canada’s largest privately owned sports complex. Our academic campus is located inside the Vaughan Community Church, a 2 minute walk across the parking lot of The Pavilion.
Every student at Everest has access to this unique and pristine centre. With over 150,000 square feet of academic and athletic facilities, Everest students have access to:
- over 25,000 square feet of dedicated strength and conditioning equipment
- yoga studios
- 2 full-size basketball court
- 2 NHL size iced rinks
- squash and racquetball courts
- 3 outdoor full size soccer fields
- 4 baseball diamonds
- 2 full size salt water based pools
- Sauna, hot tub, steam rooms, and much more.
Everest Academy meets and exceeds the highest Canadian and Ontarian educational standards. Accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education, Everest offers a unique learning environment that promotes deep and durable learning, and properly prepares students for post-secondary success.
Our full year course curriculum allows for students to properly develop a strong foundation especially in the core subjects – English, math, and science. For the first part of the day, students participate in a focused academic program. This allows students ample time, during the second part of the day, to devote to academic enrichment opportunities, sports and fitness, or receive expert coaching in a discipline.
Everest attracts students who actively pursue excellence in their chosen extra-curricular endeavors and who combine a willingness to explore with a willingness to dedicate significant time and effort to fulfilling their full potential – both academically and vocationally. Everest students become independent, confident, and engaged learners.
Supporting International Students
Each international student has the opportunity to become a successful student through the support of dedicated instructors, small class sizes, and an integrated ESL (language training) program. Our maximum of 15 to 1 student/teacher ratio ensures higher than average student/teacher interaction, a customized learning environment, and balanced approached towards academics and transitioning into the new environment.
When necessary, international students are further supported by translators fluent in appropriate languages. International students can expect a broad range of courses, post-secondary counseling, SAT/ACT preparation and college scholarship services; all to ensure that the student has access to the best post-secondary opportunities in Canada and the US.
- Maximum 15 to 1 student / teacher ratio
- Motivating and nurturing instructors
- Integrated ESL program
- Excellent learning experience
- Canadian and US Post-secondary stream
- Increased teacher interaction
- Student-centered approach to learning
- Focus on Math, Science, Music and English
- Increased collaboration with parent(s)
- Ongoing evaluation and assessment
4 Reasons to attend Everest
1. Internationally Recognized Education
Canadian education is internationally recognized. Canadians place great importance on learning, and have developed a first-rate education system with high standards. Our country spends more on education (as a percentage of Gross National Product) compared to the Organization for Economic and Co-operation and Development (OECD) average, and is highest among G-7 countries.
Canadian students consistently rank among the best in world on international tests of reading, science and mathematics such as the OECD’s Programme for International Student Assessment – a testament to the outstanding quality of Canadian schools. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is recognized globally as being equivalent to those from the United States and other Commonwealth countries.
Many well-regarded leaders in business, government and academic circles around the world have received part of their education – language studies and/or academic – in Canada.
2. One of the Best Places in the World to visit
It’s no secret: Canadians and visitors to Canada enjoy a quality of life that is recognized worldwide. From safe neighbourhoods in some of North America’s most cosmopolitan cities to top-notch health care and public transportation, excellence permeates every aspect of Canadian life – including a world class education system.
The United Nations has consistently ranked Canada as one of the top three places in the world to live. Canada earned high marks for its access to education, high life expectancy, and low crime rates.
3. Multicultural and Welcoming
Canada has traditionally been a country of immigrants and has a policy of encouraging multicultural diversity. In fact, one out of three Canadians has an ethnic background other than English, French or Aboriginal.
Students coming to Canada will experience a secure, peaceful, multi-cultural environment in cities and towns with people who are friendly and interested in learning about other cultures. With almost all of the world’s ethnic groups are represented in Canada, most ethnic foods and recreation activities associated with specific cultures are available in Canada. Clubs and associations representing a multitude of ethnic backgrounds are also easily accessible.
4. Student Life
Social Events are organized throughout the school year. Events are designed to get students active and expose all of the wonderful things to do in and around our city. Some of the activities include: shopping trips to Toronto, Ontario Science Centre, Royal Ontario Museum, Canada’s Wonderland, CN Tower, night at the movies and downhill ski trips.
Visit the following sites to get a glimpse into some of our outings.
Includes full year academic instruction, regular school programs, regular dual stream SKILL programs, strength and conditioning program, fitness assessment, SKILL mentorship, expert coaching, SAT preparation.
- Includes 2 meals & snacks 5 days per week – excluding major holidays, 10 months accommodations, adult supervision and various organized activities
- Subject to minimum enrollment
- Sibling reduction discount of 10% on base tuition fees
- Includes 3 or 4 academic courses, regular school programs, regular dual or single stream sports programs, strength and conditioning program, fitness assessment, sport mentorship, expert coaching, SAT preparation.
Living in the Everest residence is a great way to experience everything Canada, Ontario, and Everest has to offer. It is our promise to provide you with appealing accommodations and caring hospitality from our staff and other students who share your interests and educational goals. Our supervisors are kind, hospitable, and take their responsibilities seriously. You can expect a supportive residence environment and assistance at every stage of your stay at Everest.
Our residence is located in an appealing, safe neighbourhood, in close proximity to the school. Our residence meets our exacting standards for safety and cleanliness. You can expect the following:
- Supervision from caring and responsible Everest staff
- Healthy meals and snacks, 7 days per week
- A safe and secure living environment
- A comfortable bed with clean linen, bedding cover, blanket and pillows
- A night table, lamp, and alarm clock
- Private storage for your belongings (such as a chest, drawers or a closet)
- Access to a clean bathroom (typically bathrooms are shared)
- A quiet place to study
- A lounging area with television and DVD for movies
- Access to a fully equipped kitchen
- Shopping trips and social events
- Access to washer and dryer
- Access to local amenities
- Door-to-door transportation to and from school
*Please note: Parents are expected to make arrangements for their child for the Christmas and March Breaks unless agreed to in advance. School ends in middle of June.
Once your visa is approved and you receive your student permit, we will communicate next steps in your travel and orientation process! WELCOME to Everest Academy!